Managing the tender process
Once funding has been secured and the design completed, TGMS is able to manage the tender process with the overall aim of identifying a contractor offering the best value submission, taking into account factors such as quality, resources, proposed timescale and cost.
The service comprises:
- Production of tender documentation, including the selection of the most appropriate form of contract (e.g. ICE, JCT, JCLI etc).
- Submission of tender packs to potential Contractors.
- Analysis of tender returns to assist with the selection of a preferred Contractor.
Managing the construction phase
Once the contract has been let, it is crucial that the project is managed rigorously in order to avoid the efficacy of the remediation works being compromised by factors such as the use of hydraulically incompatible or inappropriate materials (very common), use of machinery in unsuitable conditions (causing soil compaction and smear) and deviation from the specifications.
With this in mind, TGMS is able to provide the following service:
- Management of the construction works to ensure that:
- Materials delivered meet with the specification.
- Earthworks, drainage and remediation operations are undertaken using appropriate equipment under appropriate conditions
- Production of interim and final valuation certificates.
- Regular communication and site meetings with the appointed contractor to resolve any technical difficulties.
- Quality control throughout the entire project/remediation works.
- The production of “as installed” drainage and construction plans to facilitate future maintenance activities.
For more information feel free to contact us on Tel: 01234 756040 or email via our Xpress contact system